Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1556 by gmartin212
Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:00 pm
I have a HP220 design jet that plots a max. 24"X36" sheet. I have a drawing that will only fit to 30"X42". I need to save it to a .plt file at this size to e-mail to my printer. But, because it exceeds the limits of my printer it will not let me save it at 30"X42" size. Is there a way around this? Thanks!
#1557 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:09 pm
Hello:

You can install the driver for the plotter that the service uses -- and set the port "To File". That way you're sure to have the right paper size. Or, you can install a "generic" driver like the HP 750C and do the same sort of set up.
#1559 by Nick Pyner
Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:16 pm
[quote="gmartin212"]I have a HP220 design jet that plots a max. 24"X36" sheet. I have a drawing that will only fit to 30"X42". I need to save it to a .plt file at this size to e-mail to my printer.

This is akin to other recent posts. I submit you would be better off sending a PDF.

Rather than use the built-in PDF facility, you can use PDF995. This has the advantage than you can specify any paper size, even ones you cannot print yourself. PDF995 is a freebie and looks just like any other plotter to DataCad.

It solves any pentable or line density issues at the same time and you get the WISYWIG under DataCad.
#1560 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:01 am
Hello:

Nick Pyner wrote:This is akin to other recent posts. I submit you would be better off sending a PDF.

Rather than use the built-in PDF facility, you can use PDF995. This has the advantage than you can specify any paper size, even ones you cannot print yourself. PDF995 is a freebie and looks just like any other plotter to DataCad.

It solves any pentable or line density issues at the same time and you get the WISYWIG under DataCad.

I agree a PDF is the better method. You can install the driver for the model the service uses, and then use the plot preview "Save As" to get a PDF. I have not used the PDF995 very much, but I know that the internal PDF writer can do batch plots; creating a bunch of PDF's all at once.