Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#21123 by ondres
Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:36 am
Please HELP!
I have problem with new LCD 1920x1200.

Hello,
I have been using DAta Cad for several years already, now I own the version
11. I have just bought a new LCD with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. I can see
all programmes correctly, my only problem is with DATACAD. There are
vertical lines and lines till 45° seen as thicken (see pictures) in the
drawing windov. Calibration of the screen helped me just to solve the
problem with the wide-angle screen.
Can I ask you for help, please? I cannot work, the picture is blurred. The
problem is concerning just the working windov - icons, context menus and so
on are correct.
With best regards,

Last edited by ondres on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
#21125 by DBrennfoerder
Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:54 pm
My Dell Inspiron is 1920x1200 and I've been using it for a couple of years without the effect you have described. Your uploaded images are not functioning properly, I cannot see the enlarged images, so I really can't offer any suggestion. The only strange thing that I see on my screen is little "tails" on some lines that was discussed a while back. See http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?t=708&highlight= for that discussion, sorry my picture is gone.
As was mentioned in that discussion, are you sure your display is set for the full 1920x1200 native resolution?
#21177 by ondres
Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:56 am
Yes - My LCD have native resolutuion 1920 x 1200 ( 24´´ Acer AL2416W). All aplications functional perfect, but "working area" in my Datacad 11 is wrong. I added new picture - alredy really does work.
THANK FOR HELP !
#21180 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:30 am
Hello,

Two things to try: make sure that you are using the latest video driver for your system. And/or, use the screen calibration in DataCAD 11 (Program Preferences/Display), and see if that helps.
#21216 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 am
Hello,

Are you running at the native 1920x1200 resolution? Or, are you running at some lower resolution? If you are not running at the native resolution, you should be; and if things are too small, then there are ways to get them larger that do not adversely affect the quality of the display.

Rereading your original post, it seems that this is the issue? If you right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties/Appreance and change the font size to Large or Extra Large. If that is not enough, then you can adjust the sizes of individual items in the Advanced dialog box.

Are you using a DVI (digital) cable, or an RGB (analog) cable?