Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#21386 by airmail
Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:19 pm
I use firefox and saved a drawing to a hidden file on my desktop. I worked on the file for a few hours, then saved it. After spending some time trying to find the hidden folder, I tried to open the file from the email. It never asked me if I wanted to replace the existing file with a new one. But, I think that is what it did. I haven't been able to retrieve my old work. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jamey
#21393 by airmail
Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:36 am
I tried recovering using the dbk. The weirdest thing though, when I single click the file, all my old work shows up in the preview window. After I double click it opens the drawing with out my work.
Any ways. I will start on the work but check back for any more ideas.
Thank you,
Jamey
#21394 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:49 pm
Hello Jamey,

You should get the file to be somewhere where you can actually find it! :o And then while you are working, you should Save it (Control-S or F) as often as you think of it. There is no substitute for this -- the auto recovery files are only in case of a crash.

And always save when you exit -- save it TWICE just before you exit, in fact -- this will make the DBK be the same as the AEC file; and both will be fully up to date.