Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#21441 by Greg Blandin
Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:49 pm
I did a quick search through the forum for something similar to this problem, but couldn't find anything.

I have a plywood linetype in a detail symbol I'm making. I have the spacing set up so it looks just right. When I insert the symbol exploded, the spacing gets changed and screws up the drawing. Is there a way to lock this?

Thanks!

Greg
#21452 by Jon C. Hubart
Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:34 am
I don't believe that exploding has anything to do with the problem. My guess is that you have your symbol insertion line factor set differently than your other enlargement factors.

When you are inserting the symbol notice the enlargement setting and then select S1 Line Factor to verify it has the same setting.

I had not noticed this before but apparently the line factor in symbol enlargement is not tied to the "F4 Set All" function as it is in the standard enlargement menu. This should be changed to be consistent.
#21456 by Greg Blandin
Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:00 am
That did it!

Thanks Jon!
#21461 by Greg Blandin
Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:25 am
Jon C. Hubart wrote:I had not noticed this before but apparently the line factor in symbol enlargement is not tied to the "F4 Set All" function as it is in the standard enlargement menu. This should be changed to be consistent.

I second that!
#21462 by Jon C. Hubart
Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:25 am
I checked this in Beta 12 at it appears to be fixed there.
#21463 by artmanvt2000
Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:28 am
If you use the enlargement feature that is on the symbol browser, "Set All" does set the line factor to the same as the enlargement factor. Hopefully the programs at Datacad can have this fixed in 12.
#21467 by Greg Blandin
Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:40 am
Authur - re-read your post...I think you missed a NOT
#21470 by Jon C. Hubart
Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:01 am
Greg Blandin wrote:Authur - re-read your post...I think you missed a NOT

He was referring to the right most pull-down menu at the top of the symbol browser. If you select the 'Enlarge" option, it uses its own menu and that one works properly.
#21484 by artmanvt2000
Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:48 am
Thank you very much Jon. That is exactly what I was referencing. I try to use the enlargement there, so that I don't have to enter enlargement factors twice.
#21488 by Greg Blandin
Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 am
Ah...sorry about that.