Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1576 by sunplans
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:33 pm
We've just noticed some strange occurrences with pdf printing to 11x17 and wonder if anyone has had the same problems. running datacad 10.
When we print direct from datacad, the printed copy looks fine, but when we save as PDF then open it in Adobe the printed version is very light.
We've checked the pen tables are only printing in black.
Any ideas?
#1594 by SkylineArch
Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:09 am
That's crazy, it happens to me too. The lines are finer.

Could be something with the DataCAD PDF generator.

I set my printer to Acrobat, printed a PDF and save-as a PDF and they are still diffferent.

I have a different pen setting saved for PDF printing with lighter line weghts, because most of the time the PDF is printed back onto 8.5x11.

I'm sure someone out there knows the answer to this, or how to adjust the DataCAD settings.
#1596 by Dick Eades
Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:21 am
I don't know if this is an answer to the situation, but I find also that the line width of a pdf will vary depending on the printer setting at the time of printing from the pdf. A very fine, or high quality setting will require more printer memory, and if used will yield a lighter print.
#2087 by Daniel Kaczor
Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:23 pm
In Adobe Reader or Acrobat, try "Print as Image". You will need to select the Advanced button in the lower left corner, first.