Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#21626 by Dick Eades
Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:59 pm
I'm getting a crash whenever I try to access a particular symbol folder in DataCAD v11.08.01. The symbol folder is S:\16-elec\FL_LIGHT. When I try to access the folder from within DataCAD, the drawing disappears. This folder was carried over into v11 and is part of the original DataCAD symbol collection. The crash happens if I access the folder at D:\Sym as well. Other folders in that directory work fine. Is there any way to resurrect this collection?
#21630 by Mark Toce
Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:26 pm
Create a new drawing and select Insert\Symbol. Browse to the problem folder. Make sure "Show preview" is checked. Click each symbol in the folder once to highlight it - as you do this DataCAD must read the symbol to draw the preview. When you get to one that causes the drawing to close, you have identified a corrupted symbol.

You can use Windows Explorer to delete the corrupted symbol, if it is one that can be easily re-created. If you would like us to try and recover it for you, just email it in.
#21634 by Dick Eades
Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:01 pm
Thanks, that did it Mark. I found the culprit and it still exists on the DC installation disk. There is a symbol named FILLER1.dsf that exists in the Symbols\Electrical\Lighting folder and when viewed in the browser window says "not a symbol". Once this and another named -FILLER1.dsf were deleted the problem went away.