Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#22358 by DDA184
Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:14 am
Ok. Let me see if I can explain this one.
I have recently purchased a new Canon IPF600 large format printer/plotter. This model has a automatic roll feed and a cassett feed.
Most my plots are send to ARCH D size. However on occassion I like to plot a 11x17 check print. Unfortunately I cannot take advantage of DataCads check plot feature in the plotting comand.

This is where it gets complicated. When I try to use this feature my new plotter won't let me convert from ARCH D to 11x17 due to the cassett not originally supporting the ARCH D size print. I have to save as a pdf and resize the drawing this way.

On a long shot. Has anyone else run into this problem. With either this plotter or another. And whats the solution if any. Converting to pdf takes alot longer and not as easy

Thanks
#22361 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:00 am
Hi David,

Here's along shot, but if you create a copy of your Canon driver in the Printers applet of the Control Panel and name it something like "Canon 11x17". Then go into its Properties and make its default paper size 11x17, perhaps you could select this driver for Check Plot from within DataCAD.

Reagrds,
Dave
#22364 by DDA184
Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:13 pm
Thanks Dave I will try but I still think it wont work and here is why. With the Canon IPF600 plotter there are four (4) distinct paper paths (Roll feed rear, manual feed front, manual feed top and cassette feed.

As we all know DataCad check plot is based on the original size sheet. (For me its Arch D.) DataCad automatically calculates the reduction factor for the specific size paper your plotting to. No Brainer here

However with the Canon driver I cannot print a check plot identified at 11"x17" and send it to a cassett feed which was originally set for a automatic roll feed of Arch D. With this driver I have to first specify which feed I'm pulling from. Thus here lies the problem.

The cassette feed doesn't support ARCH D size prints. To large.

Does all this make any sense?? Guess I'll be destined to convert drawings to .pdf and have it calculate the reduction factor. :evil:
#22378 by RPadgett
Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 am
You may try experimenting with other plotter drivers, its worth a shot anyway.
#22380 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:08 am
DDA184 wrote:However with the Canon driver I cannot print a check plot identified at 11"x17" and send it to a cassett feed which was originally set for a automatic roll feed of Arch D. With this driver I have to first specify which feed I'm pulling from. Thus here lies the problem.

Herein lies the reason for making a copy of the driver. This copy of the driver can be configured completely differently than (and separately from) the original including paper size, paper source, etc.

Dave