Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1702 by SkylineArch
Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:03 pm
joshhuggins wrote:I thought my internet connecton was having problems when this post was loading :wink:

When the CD gets here I will post the version 4 DHP info on my site. Also if you want delete your post, here is a link to download that pat file so this thread is not such a slow loader.

Stone Cad Datacad 10 pat file

Phew, that was a lot of hitting the delete key! :)

you should have posted that link a few hours ago :!:

I couldn't find where to delete my posts, so i just edited them out.
#1703 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:37 pm
#1706 by SkylineArch
Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:00 pm
heehhehe, it was just a lot of coping and pasting... then a lot of highlighting and deleting...uhh, i mean typing and hiting the delete key. :lol:

I need to get my server and website up and running so I can give links to files...
#1719 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:53 pm
Hello guys:

Josh, I converted the PAT file that you linked to -- thanks! However, only 12 of the patterns are complete -- there are about 4 or 5 that have blank areas. Do they work in v11 for you?

Many of them are awesome! A few are decent; just not outstanding. I found that the default scale of 200 is too big -- I ended up using between 50 and 100, and one or two needed tilting a little bit to better obscure the repeats.
#1720 by Tony Blasio
Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:44 am
Josh & Neil,

I am sending you the patterns I converted from the version 4 CD. Like I mentioned before the CD program actually created DataCAD 10 pat files. These easily converted into dhp files and all the scales are defaulted to a scale of 32 which seems about right to me.
#1729 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:53 am
The pat file linked above is just a direct copy of what Mr. SkylineArch posted for v10. As for the v11 dhp Hatches sent from Tony B., there is not any new ones from version 3 that I can see, and they are all posted on my site minus the few that were almost same as the ones posted. So I think we are o.k. there, other than if you want longer names, users can just rename the patterns if they want.
#1758 by damillett
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:04 am
Josh,

This is a bit delayed, thanks for the info on your site.
#1879 by pmerkl
Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:20 pm
Just a comment.
I have used the stone cadd in the past and have a new CD. They are great. I have not used any since moving from 10 to 11. I thought that hatch patterns and custom line types had to be converted. I know that there are concersion programs out there to convert a hatch from one program to another.

p.s. I really like how the Datacad users help each other out in sharing and solving problems. :lol: I would like in the future to see a area where we could post hatches etc to share.

good luck

PM
#1886 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:20 pm
You can click my Image button below to go to my website to download hatch patterns. you can also share freeware hatch patterns by emailing them to me to be posted.
#2181 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:40 am
Hello Tony:

I am using the DHP files that you emailed, and I'm wondering if the "Country Ledgestone and Dressed Fieldstone Low-Res" is the right pattern? It doesn't look like a low-res version of the "Country Ledgestone and Dressed Fieldstone Hi-Res" -- it looks more like a duplicate of the low-res "Country Ledgestone"?

Could you check into this, when you get a moment? TIA.
#2184 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:28 pm
There are quite a few that looked almost the exact same. One might have a few extra lines, but not enought to distinguish two different types of stone.
#2186 by Tony Blasio
Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:37 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello Tony:

I am using the DHP files that you emailed, and I'm wondering if the "Country Ledgestone and Dressed Fieldstone Low-Res" is the right pattern? It doesn't look like a low-res version of the "Country Ledgestone and Dressed Fieldstone Hi-Res" -- it looks more like a duplicate of the low-res "Country Ledgestone"?

Could you check into this, when you get a moment? TIA.

Neil,

You may be right. I converted the files last summer. I don't typically use the patterns you are refferring to. I never noticed this til you pointed it out. What I may do when time permits is throw my StoneCAD 4 CD in and recreate the patterns and see if I get the same pattern. I did have a previous version (version 2?) patterns before version 4 and perhaps I renamed one of the old ones as I was doing the new.

I will look into it though.