Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1620 by RVELAS2000
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:12 pm
I have just attempted to use one of my hatch patterns for rock from dcad 10. The pattern is all jumbled. Any one out there who can help.

Thanks,

Rick
#1623 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:24 pm
Don't know off the top of my head what could be the issue without seeing what it's doing, but you can get lots of rock hatches from my website.Image
#1630 by Graeme
Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:22 pm
"you can get lots of rock hatches from my website."

And were would I find your webpage
#1631 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:28 pm
Click the little Image below anyone's signature in the forum and it will take you to the website listed in their profile.
#1633 by Graeme
Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:01 pm
hahaha, That is funny mate. I use forums like this a fair amount. I hate to say it but I knew that. Thanks for aligning my brain.
#1652 by AT2
Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:46 am
1. open up the code directly, copy all of the code to the clipboard "done"

2. create a new text document in your Datacad\Support Files\Hatch Patterns\ folder "done"

3. then I save as stone.dhp "but it is still a text document, how does datacad read that...?" am I doing somthing wrong..?

thanks

AT
#1653 by SkylineArch
Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:43 am
I have all the stone patterns from Cultured Stone's Stone CAD installed and they work fine (just not on the computer I'm no now). I can post all the "code" tomorrow. StoneCAD is free, it's just a little hard to get the CD, so I don't think it's a problem me posting it.

If someone knows of a problem with this, please let me know before my post tomorrow.

:wink:
#1654 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:48 am
If your system does not show the actual exetensions, you might be creating files with names like hatch.dhp.txt.

Can you see the .aec on your datacad files or .doc on word files? If not open My Computer, go up to Tools, Folder Options, View, and make sure hide extensions for known files types is unchecked.

Now check the extensions of your new hatch patterns. I believe if your using Firefox, you can right click on each hatch pattern, and just save the target file directly as a dhp file. Hope this helps.
#1657 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:21 pm
Those are on my website, but you can always post them on your site too! But I don't think I have them all, I think I left some of the almost identical ones and real bland ones out.
#1661 by AT2
Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:06 pm
they work now.. thanks

AT
#1662 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:41 pm
SkylineArch wrote:If someone knows of a problem with this, please let me know before my post tomorrow.

:wink:

I would check the copyright notice that came with the CD or the website. My Stone Cad CD from yesteryear says:

"Copying of this computer program or its documentation except as permitted by this license is copyright infringement under the laws of your country. If you copy this computer program without permission of cultured stone - a division of owens corning, you are violating the law. You may be liable to cultured stone - a division of owens corning for damages, and you may be subject to criminal penalties."

and

"3. Copyright
Title and copyrights to the Software, Documentation and accompanying materials and any copies made by you remain with Cultured Stone - A Division of Owens Corning. Unauthorized copying of the Software or Documentation, or failure to comply with the above restrictions, will result in automatic termination of this license."

but I didn't read the whole thing.
#1667 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:37 pm
Well I just contacted Cultured Stone to 1) request there new version 4 and 2) see if I could get a copy of their copyright licence. The gentleman said that he thought that us converting the patterns was fine, and giving them freely was o.k. also. He said that the main issue would be usage of their product name in a impropper manner such as posing as Owens Cornning or Cultured Stone, or anything that might be unlawful or unethical. He kind of took my view point as the more avalible it is to everyone the better. He did say he could not guarantee anything over the phone, but to check the licence when it arrives and make sure it looks o.k. So when the new version gets here, I'll review it and see how it looks. If something does look out of order, I'll see if I can get something in writing and work something out, but I doubt it will go that far. I'll keep you all posted and maybe we will have some new hatches :mrgreen:
#1671 by Tony Blasio
Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:09 pm
Josh, very nice of you to lead this investigation.

I got version 4 awhile back and if I remember correctly it actually will give you pre-DC11 hatch patterns. These of course can be easily converted in 11 to the current format.

If you want I saved all the patterns with long descriptive names. I can forward these to you for posting when the copyright issue is put to rest.
#1673 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:34 pm
Way to go Josh! It's the right thing to do. My experience with this sort of thing is that they don't want you to make a profit on their work, claim authorship (like Josh Rocks), or put their product in jeopardy.

I'm sure you won't have any problems with them on a straight conversion. U.L. and NFPA did not give me any problems, but did want their copyright displayed. That was easy due to the amount of text.

Good luck. Hey, Josh ROCKS!!! :D
#1679 by SkylineArch
Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:25 am
I called Owens Corning this morning, after being transferred to 3 different people they said it would "not be a problem, it helps promote our product"

So here is the pattern files from my v.10 PAT file, just copy paste it in.... I'm sure someone can convert it to 11

I'll have to break them up, there is a lot of text.... :!: