Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1634 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:25 pm
Hello & welcome:

DataCAD for DOS has it's own drivers built in. If you want support in Windows, then you'll need to upgrade to v11. This is the primary reason for upgrading -- the computing world doesn't support MS-DOS anymore.

Sorry to be so direct, but that's the way it is, AFAICT.
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1635 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:32 pm
D Andrews wrote:Does anyone know of printer driver availability for use with DCad 7.5 - esp. current HP deskjets - 9xx, 65xx

Thanks for any help.

Are you trying to use Print-Plot-Pro or PrintGL? Like Neil said DataCad back then had some built in drivers.

But if you need drivers for your printer go to HP's website. Here's the link to the driver selection page:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Good luck.
#1636 by Nick Pyner
Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:14 pm
D Andrews wrote:Does anyone know of printer driver availability for use with DCad 7.5 - esp. current HP deskjets - 9xx, 65xx

You see enough DOSsy screens in the commercial/industrial world to be sure DOS ain't dead yet and, as Daniel suggests, HP's website may come good with DOS driver for PrintGL or PPP.

Failing that, what you need is modern, true Windows app that can read your file and print it just like before. I haven't done this, right? and there may be better methods, but here is a bit of speculation:.....

Autodesk's VoloView Express 2.01 is, or was, a freebie. It should be able to read a DWG from v7 just as well as it can read from AutoCad2002, and print it to any Windows printer, even (gasp!) PDF. Volo is pretty sophisticated. It has its own layer control, mark-up facility etc.

I say "was" because I'm not sure that ACad still supply this, but it should still be around somewhere.