Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#22533 by Dubweisertm
Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:29 pm
Hi everybody !

Last week we rebuild our network.

Before this change, our template are save on each computer in C:\SYM

Now we want to save our templates on a server, it there a fast way to change all symbol path, or I have to change it one by one ???

Thanks in advance !
#22558 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:24 pm
Hello,

There is a fast way to change them all at once, using Search & Replace -- in a program called UltraEdit:

http://www.ultraedit.com/

You can open all of the template files at once (there may be an easy way to do this is in this version) and then you do a Search & Replace like this:

Search for "C:\Sym"

and Replace with "S:\"

...if S: is the network drive letter that you use on each machine to connect to the shared folder.

It used to be that the trial version of UltraEdit worked for 45 days -- so if you get them all done, then this is a true Cheap Trick! It used to take me about 20-30 minutes to get through a whole bunch of template files -- the slowest part was opening all the files! The Search and Replace was done in seconds, and Saving and Closing was pretty quick, too.
#22603 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:05 am
Yeah it's still 45 days for the trial version. And a great program I highly recommend to any one who edits a lot of text files or coded files.
#22829 by Dubweisertm
Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:59 am
I want to thank you for this suggestion ! Thanks ! :wink:

Ultraedit it's a very good tool ! Thanks again ! :wink: