Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#22831 by artmanvt2000
Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:18 am
I am creating a model to render by hand. I have inserted doors and windows using the AEC_MODL macro and created "tuscan" columns using a Surface of Revolution. My problem is when I create a Hidden Line Removal of the perspective of the model, the corners of the Wall opening behind the trims are shown and the backside of the tuscan columns are shown. I have changed all entities to be visible, but no luck. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
#22866 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:08 pm
One biker to another :D I can reproduce that if I set 3d Edit / Hide / Options and set Hidden Color to white (all entities are white in my test), Hidden Style to Solid, Click Backface, Exit, and Begin. The resulting constructed drawing appears to be "transparent" and anything behind any object appears visible. However, typically, these are not the settings that default. Keep on bikin', oh wait, I see yours uses fossil fuel and produces toxic emissions.
#22876 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:01 am
DBrennfoerder wrote:Keep on bikin', oh wait, I see yours uses fossil fuel and produces toxic emissions.
Ooooo. A hush goes over the forum... :D
#22936 by artmanvt2000
Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:05 am
I have check all of the hide settings as described. I eaven used the Datacad 11 manual to help pick the right settings, but it still created lines that were actually hidden. After a couple of hours of clean-up I got the results I needed. I have used the hide command before with a lot more success.

I am also a avid mountain biker. I ride on Kingdom Trails in Burke, Vermont. The have some of the best trails in New England, with a little over 100 miles of trails.

As for the emissions comment... All I can say is the bike gets over 40 miles to the gallon. How many cars (other than hybrids) get that kind of milage???
#22987 by Michael Olney
Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:38 pm
I had some problems with hidden line removal that was caused by my default drawing having become corrupted. I didn't get any error messages, but hidden line removal (along with a couple of other tools) didn't work correctly. I haven't had any problems with it since I re-created my default drawing.

I don't know if this will fix your problem, but it might be worth looking into.