Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1663 by rka
Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:20 pm
On DataCAD 11 we have a situation where the computer seems to lag for about 5 seconds every minute or so. This is not the autosave kicking in, (which is set to every 30 minutes), does anybody have any ideas on what this is...or more importantly how to fix it? Thank you, for your consideration.
#1664 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:28 pm
Hello:

I think that this was a problem in earlier version -- what version is it? Check the Help/About DataCAD dialog.) It also involved the network and/or the hardlock -- I think the fix is to upgrade to the latest version of v11.

IHTH
#1666 by rka
Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:35 pm
Thanks for the reply Neil. I can see that you have been very helpful to this community, and I appreciate your taking time out to help me out :) I have the updated version, 11.6.0 which we updated to last week. In leau of that, is there anything else that comes to mind?
#1669 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:44 pm
I think if you have more than one drawing opened, the autosave still saves in drawings that are not on the screen, but you don't see it in the cords/hints bar. At least that was the issue for a friend of mine. The more you have open the more frequent the saves. Could be something else though.
#1672 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:22 pm
rka wrote:On DataCAD 11 we have a situation where the computer seems to lag for about 5 seconds every minute or so. This is not the autosave kicking in, (which is set to every 30 minutes), does anybody have any ideas on what this is...or more importantly how to fix it? Thank you, for your consideration.

Check your anti-virus and/or firewall software, put DataCAD in the exclude list.
#1678 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:08 am
Hello RKA,

What O.S. are you running?

Have you run both AV and spyware scans on your system?

Aaron
#1717 by rka
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:01 pm
Hi Aaron,

I like your name, and your fathers name! My name is Aaron also, Aaron Ben-Daneiel, (The Lord changed my father's name from Dane to Daneiel). I'm not Jewish, but the Lord has put a love in my heart for the heritage of our father Abraham. I don't know you'r faith, but if you have any desire to fellowship, please feel free to email me. Either way, I am thankful for the people who have been able to help me on this forum, like you, and would like to say "thank you" for your consideration in replying to my question. We are running XP professional. We have an I.T. guy and I don't know if he has run spyware, etc... I will ask him. Between this and the comment about the multiple open files by JoshHuggins, I think we should be able to solve this problem. Thanks everyone!

Aaron
#1731 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:25 pm
Hello Aaron.

I tried replying to the e-mail you sent, but the messages bounced.

Here are some of the bonce headers:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

aeaston@richardkrantzarchitecture.com
unrouteable mail domain "richardkrantzarchitecture.com"

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <aaronbav@earthlink.net>
Received: from pop-a065c28.pas.sa.earthlink.net ([207.217.121.205])
by aftermath.mail.pas.earthlink.net with esmtp (Exim 3.36 #4)
id 1DJs54-0000Wb-00
for aeaston@richardkrantzarchitecture.com; Fri, 08 Apr 2005 04:55:22 -0700
Received: from user-112184g.dsl.mindspring.com ([66.32.160.144] helo=aba)
by pop-a065c28.pas.sa.earthlink.net with esmtp (Exim 3.36 #10)
id 1DJs54-0000ms-00
for aeaston@richardkrantzarchitecture.com; Fri, 08 Apr 2005 04:55:22 -0700