Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#22950 by rkstjarz
Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:55 am
I have been using 8.53 on Win98 for seven years. Now I need to switch to WinXP. I installed 8.53 and the hardlock drivers from the Datacad web site. When I try to launch Datacad I get the message " Cannot open hardlock driver". Any thoughts? Thank you.
#22952 by MtnArch
Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:02 am
Have you e-mailed TechSupport@datacad.com?

Short of that, you may just have to bite the bullet and upgrade to V11 (or V12 when it is released later this spring). It is WELL worth the upgrade (V11) - you'll find TONS of improvements over V8!
#23554 by zeiss
Fri May 04, 2007 2:19 pm
somtime have this problem ,
solution for xp is:
--open < comand prompt > in xp accesories
--instal in msdos mode by your hardlock source
search hld source (E:\datacad\hardlock\win_XP), and tape >hldinst -install
#24342 by rkstjarz
Mon May 21, 2007 12:32 pm
thanks for your replies, zeiss before i read your reply i installed the hardlock drivers as directed for windows nt then ran the program in xp as an nt emulation. Datacad now runs fine but the dwg trnslator does not work, I haven't tried to resolve this issue yet.
#24431 by rkstjarz
Tue May 22, 2007 5:16 pm
I had previously tried the procedures in that thread without success but it is working now w/the NT emulation. I hope to upgrade to V12 in the near future.