Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23064 by Tim Latto
Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:40 am
One of my Go To Views will not print all layers. I have imported by DWG a base elevation and have added by layers text, dimensions, hatching, and windows. None of these will plot with the base drawing. Further, I can't move any drawings to this view by moving to this layer. There is indication that the drawing has been moved by number of entities and the drawing disapears from the first view. It goes to cyber heaven, for all I know. How can I repair this without redrawing the whole thing?
#23065 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:06 am
Hello Tim,

What color are the DWG entities? Maybe they are something like Color_61, and your Pen Table doesn't include this?

How are you plotting: with Quick Layout or MSP?

I like to use the Move to Layer in the DC Sprint macro suite -- it will change the color of the entites that you move, to the active color of the destination layer -- this makes it easy to see that they have been moved.
#23143 by Tim Latto
Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:08 am
Thanks, Neil for your response.

This view has plotted just fine previously. The DWG entity is white. My pen table has 2 for white.

I am plotting whith Quick Layout. I lookek into the MSP printing in the instruction manual. Seems like a lot of steps to get there, much of which I have already performed. Perhaps you could give me the steps to follow to see if it will work.
#23144 by Toby Robb
Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:28 am
Tim,

Check to make sure your .dwg imported at the correct scale (the "base unit value" box is set correctly). Sometimes I forget to check the .dwg import is set to the correct conversion and everything will disappear because there is a large discrepency between object sizes.
#23145 by Tim Latto
Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 am
GOT IT TO WORK! I copied the base layer to a symbol, then closed the layer and added another to place the symbol on. Then added the remaining layers and it plotted just fine.
Thanks all.