Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23077 by adamD
Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:11 pm
Recently our DataCAD 11 files or programs have been acting strange.

Today, our hatch patterns had disappeared and the reappeared a 1/2 hour later. But after they cam back the origin had shifted the hatch and we are unable to reposition the correct origin of the hatch.

Also, a few times now we have gone into the multi-layout sheet we had set up before and every single goto-view saved in that layout had been bumped up one scale each.

We have had this version of DataCAD for over 2 years and have never had these problems before.

Does anyone out there have any idea of what is going on with our DataCAD? Please help if you can.
Last edited by adamD on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#23078 by adamD
Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:42 pm
I have just learned that a laptop has been connected to our network that is running Windows Vista, could that be the culprit in the problem?
If it is can it be fixed?
#23086 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:14 pm
Hello Adam,

It is a bit of a stretch to have the OS of another computer affect of a computer across a network.

Have you closed and reopened the file with the funky hatch pattern? Can you use that hatch pattern in a new blank drawing?
#23090 by adamD
Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:31 pm
The file was opened using a laptop which has Vista. When the file was opened using a XP computer problems arised.

I had read in other threads that there are problems with the INI file and the way Vista uses it. At this time I plan to update the Vista version to be compatable with XP and take a look at the INI file for dataCAD. I am hoping this will fix the problem.

Again if anyone else has had this problem please feel free to chime in with an answer. It seems that the Vista OS is the culprit.
#23097 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:51 am
Hello Adam,

Ahhh, that makes more sense -- you will need to change one of the default settings on Vista -- it has "secret" places to put the working copies of the support files! :evil:

I would ask Tech Support for how to change the setting that causes this.