Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23186 by lburgarch
Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:34 am
I'd like to import a finish schedule from Excel into DataCAD Lt 11. A simple Cut from Excel and Paste in DataCAD results in formatting going all astray. I've looked at posts from others with earlier versions having similar problems. Does anyone know if there is a successful way to accomplish this in v11? Many thanks.
#23189 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:09 am
Try using the Edit, Paste Special options. I think one of them will give you your desired results.
#23202 by lburgarch
Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:34 pm
Thank you Josh for responding. When I select Edit, Paste Special, I have three options (Picture, Bitmap and Text File). I've tried each and Picture comes closest, but loses formatting in the translation. If you've any other suggestions, I would be very glad to try them. Thanks.
#23204 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:52 pm
I tired a couple files right now. Both worked best with Picture here also. One's text came in fine, but it was missing the cell borders. The sheet had lots of formatting (shading, borders, etc) done to the cells in Excel

The second file which was just simple text came in perfect. If the formatting is not important, maybe you can create a simple text version of the file to import? I haven't imported any Excel stuff in at least a 3/4 of a year, so I'm not really up on the requirements for the files. Maybe someone else can chime in. Good luck :!: