Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23198 by fgehlen
Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:55 pm
I have wood deck templates, or symbols. When I made the symbol I assigned a z value to different elements of the deck, so that when you had an elevation view or used O2S the deck elevation would show up in the elevation also. The problem is that if I use the template/symbol for any other elevaion then the first floor, the template does not show up at the proper elevation, is there a way of using a symbol and have it at a Z value that can be at the right elevation in a multipal story building, without changing all the z height values in the existing symbol.
Frank
#23199 by Tony Blasio
Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:00 pm
I would suggest inserting it unexploded then moving it in the Z-direction you need to go.
#23200 by Paul Nida
Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Just place the symbols at the z-elevation you want. Symbols act as if they are 3d entities so they can be moved and copied in the z-direction. They can also be rotated in 3d even though they are created with 2d entities, but it becomes a problem if you want to explode them later.