Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23205 by fgehlen
Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:14 pm
I'm using the AEC modelor to put widows in the floor plan, I have cut walls and layer search on. I have exploded the 2 lines walls to polygons.
The problem is everytime I try to install a window I keep getting the message ..found no walls to cut...tried quite a few things but keep getting the same message.
Frank
#23214 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:44 am
fgehlen wrote:I'm using the AEC modelor to put widows in the floor plan, I have cut walls and layer search on. I have exploded the 2 lines walls to polygons.
The problem is everytime I try to install a window I keep getting the message ..found no walls to cut...tried quite a few things but keep getting the same message.
Frank

Hello Frank,

There can be several reasons for AEC_Modl not behaving as expected:

1) One of them is that the wall may be broken in the place where you want to insert the opening;
2) Another can be that the wall heights are not matching your window heights;
3) Other one is that you can have more then one object in the place where you believe the wall is: like a 2D line coincident with the 3D polygon and the macro is selecting the 2D line instead of the polygon.

My suggestion is that you put the observer in an Iso View to check up the heights, healing etc., using the Identify feature.

A good exercise to learn the way to overcome this problems is the tandem features: In an Iso View, use Erase 'by Entity'/Refresh screen/Undo, all in a row, with a delay among each command.
If you do it, you can check if some entity was left behind when a piece should disappear after the erasing process.

Good luck,
Miguel
#23215 by tigere
Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:58 am
As an added note - I frequently forget "layer search"- which needs to be set or on when inserting ... very easy to overlook ....
#23220 by DBrennfoerder
Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:03 pm
On the "explode to polygons", you may have gotten your wall completely triangulated. Do an "identify" and see if the perimeter goes to a gray dashed line or just one edge. If its just one edge, your wall is composed of triangles whose perimeter edges pass through the area where the door/window is being inserted. Erase the area; you may see that 2 or more entities are affected and replace the area with a single 4-edged polygon. Then your door/window will insert properly. Both faces will have to be checked and modified if necessary.