Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1726 by ORWoody
Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:52 am
Had a question from an acquaintance last night and was mystified by it. I've never had it happen so had no solution. She is using version 10 and has a residential plan file where certain lines are visible, but non-identifiable nor printable. They don't show up on the plot preview while in MultiPlot.

This happens if she activates the layer in a GoToView. This leads me to believe that the GoToView is allied to the problem because of the relationsip of the GoToView and MultiPlot.

If she goes to the layer menu and just turns the layer on or off normally, the lines are identifiable and editable. I failed to ask if they show up when she uses QkLayout plot preview.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much,

Woody
#1727 by Daniel Kaczor
Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:12 am
Updating a GoToView, does not automatically update the same in MSP. The MSP update has to made manually either by reinserting the GTV and deleting the old or by Details-LyrTgl.

As far as "If she goes to the layer menu and just turns the layer on or off normally, the lines are identifiable and editable." I'm a bit stumped.
#1728 by ORWoody
Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:22 am
I just went into the file and redid her GoToView by using the Layer menu to recreate the view, updated it and did the update in the plot menu. I, like you, thought that might be the problem, but it's deeper than that.

I checked the Quick Layout, and the lines to not show up on the preview.

Strange. I am suspecting that the answer is at DCAD tech support. They just don't know about it yet.

Thanks much,

Woody
#1730 by Philip Hart
Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:25 pm
What color are the lines?
What pen is that color mapped to in the active pen table?
#1935 by MtnArch
Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:52 pm
ORWoody wrote:The lines are red and lt. cyan.

Just for information, I opened the file in Ver. 11 and everything works normally.

Oran -

Just a WAG ... do the entities per chance have a lineweight of "0" (zero)? I've had problems with entities (in V8/9/10) that show up on-screen but don't plot that **somehow** wound up with a zero lineweight.
#1936 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:05 pm
Hello Woody:

In v10 and earlier -- when in doubt, do a Layer Utility! Especially when flaky things are happening. BTW, opening it in v11 would Purge things out, so that might explain why it works and v10 doesn't.