Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#56318 by vsem
Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:22 am
We are trying to use this for 3d purposes. If a smart window is placed - then repositioned - it does not cut out in the wall anymore - any one know if this is a setting or something else? Smart objects can't be that 'dumb'....right?? Thanks for (any) help!
#56325 by Michael Olney
Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:01 pm
Here's a few things to try. Make sure that you're updated to the most recent version. Make sure that the windows are "in" the wall; if the window if off by 1/64", it won't cut. The same goes with the angle; the wall and window must be exactly the same angle. Check to make sure that the window is in the wall in the elevation view. If, for example, the height of the wall is "0" (z-base=z-height), then the window won't cut the wall. The same applies if the window is above or below the wall. Also, make sure that you are copying the window into another smart wall and not 2D lines (I've made that mistake before).
#59747 by Richard Mauser
Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 pm
Hello .... ?
I've put off trying smart stuff for a long while, to avoid the frustration. Right now I'm in a 'squander my time' mode, so I finally took a look at smart walls and smart windows, etc. to see about using them to do the 3D model.
Neither the doors nor windows cut a hole in the wall. I zoomed on in to make sure that the door/window is exactly in the wall, and when 1/64" looks like an inch on the surface of my screen, and the symbols align with the wall, I'm thinking they are "in the wall". Auto 3D is toggled 'on' for both making walls and symbols. Any idea whats up with this?
#59748 by Roger D
Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm
Is cut wall on in the Menu when placing the door?
Are the z-heights of the door with the range of the wall. You might be a foot above/below the wall?
Are you searching the wall layer?