Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23410 by jlane
Wed May 02, 2007 12:37 pm
I sent an illustrator plan and elevation drawings (dwg files) He has asked for 2D CAD versions with no xrefs. How do I convert to what he needs?
#23418 by jlane
Wed May 02, 2007 1:13 pm
I sent them files that were drawn based on the default settings for creating drawings in DATACAD. I am sure there were 3D entities, for instance from the symbol library, in the drawings. As I understand the program, walls are also drawn in 3D. I apologize for lack of technical expertise, but that is why I have ended up here in the first place.
#23432 by Greg Blandin
Wed May 02, 2007 5:00 pm
jlane wrote:I apologize for lack of technical expertise, but that is why I have ended up here in the first place.

No need to apologize! We love to help!

Anyway, one thing you can do to make everything 2d is to change the z-base and z-height to 0.

Utility Menu -> Change (F0) -> Z-Base and Z-Height (S3 and S4).

Set these both at 0 and then do an area crossing.

You can then select View -> Isometric to see if there is anything that is not at Z-base and Z-height 0.

If you need to you can explode the symbols by going into the 3D menu (Edit Menu -> 3D Menus (S8) -> Explode (F9) -> Sym Explode (S3).

You can then select the layers you want to explode to whether they be original layers or current layers.

As for xrefs, you can bind them. Hold down your control key and right click on the xref of choice. In the menu that appears select Xref Tools -> Bind -> then either all layers or on layers.

This makes the xref a part of the drawing you are working on. It won't reference the other file any longer.

I hope this helps a bit.

Gluck!

Greg
#23435 by jlane
Wed May 02, 2007 6:33 pm
Thank you very much.