Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23646 by Allan Kent
Mon May 07, 2007 12:56 pm
This appears to not work. The text box appears, you can type into it, but it then locks the drawing and the only way out appears to be control/alt/delete. Am I doing something wrong ?
#23648 by Tony Blasio
Mon May 07, 2007 1:13 pm
I can confirm this too in RC6.
#23656 by Mark Toce
Mon May 07, 2007 1:50 pm
Allan Kent wrote:This appears to not work. The text box appears, you can type into it, but it then locks the drawing and the only way out appears to be control/alt/delete. Am I doing something wrong ?
Does the lockup occur before or after you click the [OK] button on the text entry dialog? Had you used any of the formatting buttons, or did you just type some text?
#23659 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon May 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Hi Mark,

Actually no OK is allowed, nor Cancel, or anything outside the keyboard typing process. You can use inclusive the arrows, but can't cancel the operation any more.

To reproduce the problem is enough enter on Text/M-Text and type anything in the edition area.

Thanks,
Miguel
#23669 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon May 07, 2007 2:48 pm
Mark Toce wrote:...There must be something else...

I agree with you Mark.
I've just turned OFF the "default" button for creating a new drawing and it started to work right.
Turned ON again the default setting and it now behaves fine.

Sure. There must be something else... :twisted:

Thanks,
Miguel
#23674 by Tony Blasio
Mon May 07, 2007 3:03 pm
I did use a default when mine locked up. Very strange since I had just created the default file before using it.
#23676 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon May 07, 2007 3:11 pm
Mine is one that I'm updating settings constantly.

Miguel
#23686 by Allan Kent
Mon May 07, 2007 3:59 pm
Having tried again i the mline text is now not locking up the drawing. The drawing i used was the default Drawing1.aec and all i had drawn were a few curves which i 2 line trimmed, a few lines, a wall with a window and door in it and a few dimensions.
#23694 by Kingfisher
Mon May 07, 2007 7:39 pm
I am having the same problem. I have tried MText & ParaText in a new drawing, in Ehm House drawing, with default turned on and default turned off but doesnt work in all cases.

Tried on both RC7 & RC8.

A bit frustrating as this was the major new feature that I was excited about.
#23705 by Tony Blasio
Tue May 08, 2007 7:02 am
RC8....

I tried an existing drawing, a new drawing with default unchecked, and a new drawing with default checked. All lock up once the Text Editor window appears on the screen. This bug will hopefully get squashed soon.