Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23761 by The Cad Man
Wed May 09, 2007 11:15 am
I was really excited that V.12 was going to have snaps appear visually, similar to that of AutoCAD, simply because it makes drawing faster. I am however disappointed that you have to still use the middle click to snap. Any chance of getting the snap to work with the left click when the indicator appears on the entity, or have this be a preference?

I am stoked about the CTL+ALT Click & Pan command, any chance of getting the Pan o work infinately as opposed to just the boundaries of the screen. It would be nice that if as long as the mouse is moving you can pan, as opposed to it stopping once the cursor meets the edge of the screen.

I was under the assumption that the open arrows were going to be smart in V.12? If you stretch the arrow after it has been drawn it doesn't re-allign itself with the leader, any insight?
#23764 by joshhuggins
Wed May 09, 2007 11:36 am
The Cad Man wrote:I am stoked about the CTL+ALT Click & Pan command, any chance of getting the Pan o work infinately as opposed to just the boundaries of the screen. It would be nice that if as long as the mouse is moving you can pan, as opposed to it stopping once the cursor meets the edge of the screen.
That's a good idea. Has my vote.

As for the smart arrows, they won't be in the release of v.12. The beta testers worked the Smart walls, windows and doors over pretty well to get them to this point. Re-working those features to make them work as well as they do took the alot of time. The smart entity managers are so completely different (improved) since the original first few betas were released due to Datacad listening to our suggestions and comments that a few of the smaller smart enhancements needed to be held back for a bit to make this on time release. But there is a list of new features to follow that will be released once the kinks after the main release are ironed out. Only Datacad know where smart arrows is on that list but they know it's an important one to the users and should be just around the corner, but that's just my speculation.
#23768 by Neil Blanchard
Wed May 09, 2007 11:45 am
Hello,

I think the center-button object snap is in DataCAD's "DNA". I very much doubt that this could be changed without completely altering the program; besides, those of us who are completely used to it, would be very confused! :o
#23798 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed May 09, 2007 3:33 pm
The Cad Man wrote:...Any chance of getting the snap to work with the left click when the indicator appears on the entity, or have this be a preference?

Hello Cad Man,

You could understand the obj-snap hint (and its indicator) as an additional possibility of choice, which you will use (or not) at your self choice.

As an example, like in the case below, suppose you are required to draw a wall segment at a distance of 0.85 meter from the corner. The hint indicates the middle of the wall segment, but your cursor is "not" there. The coordinates bar show that the cursor is at the right place where you should start your new wall.

If you click on left button you'll start the wall in the right place.

OTOS, if your design demands a new wall starting from the midpoint position of the existent wall, it's enough to use the middle button, as long as this point was found by the obj-snap engine.

Clicking the mouse middle button would carry the cursor to the center of the wall. So, this is your choice.

IMHO, the hint is a real additional help, not a replacement for the middle button feature, what's, like Neil said, in DataCAD's DNA.

Thanks,
Miguel
#23808 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed May 09, 2007 6:41 pm
I was really excited that V.12 was going to have snaps appear visually, similar to that of AutoCAD, simply because it makes drawing faster. I am however disappointed that you have to still use the middle click to snap. Any chance of getting the snap to work with the left click when the indicator appears on the entity, or have this be a preference?

Instead of using the middle button, you can use Shift + left mouse button. That was added in either DC 9 or 10. Haven't taken the test drive yet, but, it should work.
#23809 by The Cad Man
Wed May 09, 2007 6:57 pm
Understood. And i did not know about the SHIFT + Left Click...Pretty snazzy!!
#23812 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed May 09, 2007 8:24 pm
Understood. And i did not know about the SHIFT + Left Click...Pretty snazzy!!

Oh, and I forgot the original snapping key - the n or N key - from the pre-mouse days. (but, doesn't work in the symbol browser).
#23823 by Dick Eades
Thu May 10, 2007 10:18 am
If you use Shift+left click, then how do you invoke GetSnap?
#23832 by Mark Toce
Thu May 10, 2007 10:56 am
Dick Eades wrote:If you use Shift+left click, then how do you invoke GetSnap?
You can't. Get Snap is only accessible via [Shift]+[middle button].
#23836 by Dick Eades
Thu May 10, 2007 11:00 am
Exactly. My wife uses the Shift+left click because she has her trackball buttons assigned the way she likes them for other applications and doesn't want to lose one to Middle Button.
#23860 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Thu May 10, 2007 5:13 pm
Dick Eades wrote:Exactly. My wife uses the Shift+left click because she has her trackball buttons assigned the way she likes them for other applications and doesn't want to lose one to Middle Button.

Huh - I'm confused... _other applications_ .... Oh Now I remember - My computer DOES have some of those :lol:

Seriously, I could not NOW use Datacad without GetSnap (let alone middle button snap) :D

Cheers,

Aaron