Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23929 by csmckillip
Fri May 11, 2007 1:01 pm
Thanks All,

OK, here is what I have come across, I had a new drawing I created yesterday before moving my CHR fonts over to Datacad 12 Fonts Folder, The drawing I created before the move of the fonts will not display the converted SHX fonts.

I created a new drawing, and There were the new SHX fonts in the text popup menu? So I am guessing that the older v12 drawing file can't be updated.

You might want to add this note to the install, to move the CHR Fonts into the Fonts directory in Datacad 12 before a new Drawing is created.
#23930 by csmckillip
Fri May 11, 2007 1:09 pm
The converted SHX Fonts work right allong with Autocad.

This is huge for me :lol:

Thanks
#23935 by Mark Toce
Fri May 11, 2007 1:59 pm
csmckillip wrote:Thanks All,

OK, here is what I have come across, I had a new drawing I created yesterday before moving my CHR fonts over to Datacad 12 Fonts Folder, The drawing I created before the move of the fonts will not display the converted SHX fonts.

I created a new drawing, and There were the new SHX fonts in the text popup menu? So I am guessing that the older v12 drawing file can't be updated.

You might want to add this note to the install, to move the CHR Fonts into the Fonts directory in Datacad 12 before a new Drawing is created.
I was not able to reproduce the problem. As long as the font files exist in the Fonts folder, they appear in the Font list within the program, in new or existing files.

Was the drawing in question created in DataCAD 12 Test Drive?
#23938 by csmckillip
Fri May 11, 2007 2:14 pm
Mark Toce wrote:I was not able to reproduce the problem. As long as the font files exist in the Fonts folder, they appear in the Font list within the program, in new or existing files.

The drawing was created in Test drive before moving the fonts.
#23939 by Mark Toce
Fri May 11, 2007 2:23 pm
csmckillip wrote:
Mark Toce wrote:I was not able to reproduce the problem. As long as the font files exist in the Fonts folder, they appear in the Font list within the program, in new or existing files.

The drawing was created in Test drive before moving the fonts.
Ok, I tried the exact same steps. I installed a fresh copy of the Test Drive, created a new drawing and added some lines and text. I then closed and saved the drawing, exited the Test Drive, and copied a custom CHR font from my DataCAD 11\Fonts folder into my DataCAD 12 Test Drive\Fonts folder. I ran DataCAD and opened the file I created previously. When I went to the Text menu and chose Font, the custom font was available in the list.

Does exiting and reopening DataCAD make any difference?
#23943 by csmckillip
Fri May 11, 2007 2:53 pm
Marc,

I opened up the drawing , and the file was updated. I have no idea????

I will try it again later on the notebook and see what happens. For what ever it's worth the SHX files are really helpfull with Datacad. I was having huge problems with D-Text that was created in Autocad, and I would try and open it up in V11.