Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23891 by peter korzaan
Fri May 11, 2007 9:43 am
What is the best method to make the appearances of 12 like 11?
Can you just copy the support files over? Any others?

One specific is the old DC 10 Dcadwin toolbar which I brought into DC11, but I had to do something with the graphic, to make it show properly. I brought it into 12, but have X in the graphic box. Had the same problem when I first brought it into 11 but for the life of me can't remember the remedy.

thanks p.
#23893 by Mark Toce
Fri May 11, 2007 9:55 am
peter korzaan wrote:What is the best method to make the appearances of 12 like 11?
Can you just copy the support files over? Any others?

One specific is the old DC 10 Dcadwin toolbar which I brought into DC11, but I had to do something with the graphic, to make it show properly. I brought it into 12, but have X in the graphic box. Had the same problem when I first brought it into 11 but for the life of me can't remember the remedy.

thanks p.
Do not copy the Support Files folder from a different installation and overwrite the Test Drive version. You may cause the program to no longer function.

If there is a specific toolbar you want to use in the Test Drive, copy the *.dtb file (the actual toolbar) and paste it into the Test Drive\Support Files\Toolbars folder. Copy the bitmaps used to display the icons for that toolbar and paste them into the same folder.
#23915 by peter korzaan
Fri May 11, 2007 11:48 am
Glad I asked ;-)

What about Macros, Fonts, Hatch patterns, Line Types, Symbols ect?

Thanks again.. p.
#23917 by peter korzaan
Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 pm
Ah.. re-read What's New
and it states that symbols, fonts, templates, line types, hatch patterns, & Macros are backward compatible...

sorry, to much multi- tasking... ;-)
#23970 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat May 12, 2007 8:00 am
peter korzaan wrote:...I brought it into 12, but have X in the graphic box. Had the same problem when I first brought it into 11 but for the life of me can't remember the remedy.

Hi Peter,

The "X" is a graphic replacement for 'unfound bitmap'. If you can identify the bitmap name (on editing the DTB file) you can copy from the V11 toolbar folder to V12's.

HTH,
Miguel
#23972 by peter korzaan
Sat May 12, 2007 9:32 am
Well I did a search and I can find them individually, but not as a group. Someone in dbug, way back when Dc11 first came on, made available the file. I have no idea other than that, of how to make the graphics appear. Perhaps someone still uses the old DCADWIN tool bar for 2d & 3d that came originally with DC10 and will share it, or give me the name of the graphics that are associated with it.
#23977 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat May 12, 2007 1:22 pm
peter korzaan wrote:...I have no idea other than that, of how to make the graphics appear. Perhaps someone still uses the old DCADWIN tool bar for 2d & 3d that came originally with DC10 and will share it, or give me the name of the graphics that are associated with it.

Hello Peter,

Before someone fix your problem, you can do it by yourself. At DC 10 (and many previous versions) the toolbar files were also text files, with the termination .KEY.
You can open the file with Notepad and look into it the bitmap names: are in the 4th collumn, only the name, without termination (bmp). You just have to be carefull on editing this files, since they are line-lenght sensitive.

I encourage you to learn a bit about the new .DTB files, which are the current toolbar files, and were developed as being an 'upgrade' for those ancient toolbars. To edit these files is simpler and safer.
Just open one of them and you'll understand how easy it's edition can be.

HTH,
Miguel
#23980 by peter korzaan
Sat May 12, 2007 5:22 pm
Well I found the file DCADWIN.key in Toolbars and copied it over to dc12 toolbars, but still have x's
As far as looking up the .bmp using notebook, all the forth column has is numbers or names.