Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23922 by Rudy Smolders
Fri May 11, 2007 12:16 pm
after installing version 12 testdrive the o2c player was also updated. Now it seems to have lost the ability to load a background picture into o2c. Which is not good since I work a lot with it through Dcad version 11 and o2c_interactive. Has anyone experienced the same problem and knows what to do about it? Thank you for your suggestions :cry:
#23928 by ticomccr
Fri May 11, 2007 12:51 pm
I declined the update to o2c because of previous discussion on the forum about losing some rendering abilities. By keeping the older version of o2c loaded, I am still able to load background images, etc. in DC12 as always.

I'm not sure if the update is the problem here, but I suspect that it is.
#23933 by Mark Toce
Fri May 11, 2007 1:35 pm
The o2cPlayer file that no longer has the Raytrace option is version 2.0.x. We do not install this version because of the missing Raytrace function and because it does not work well with the AEC file format's double-precision database.

The DataCAD 12 Test Drive installs version 1.9.9.149; prior to installing DataCAD 12 Test Drive, you probably had version 1.9.9.135. It does not prevent you from loading a background image.

Open your DataCAD model and select Rendering Settings from the View pull-down menu. Click the folder icon in the "Object Viewer Background Color / Image" section and go to the DataCAD 12 Test Drive\Textures\Backgrounds folder for some sample files. When you open the Object Viewer, it will load the background image.
#23934 by ticomccr
Fri May 11, 2007 1:55 pm
Mark,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any real benefit to the 1.9.9.149 release over the 1.9.9.135 version?
#23936 by Mark Toce
Fri May 11, 2007 2:04 pm
ticomccr wrote:Mark,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any real benefit to the 1.9.9.149 release over the 1.9.9.135 version?
I don't know what the differences are between the two versions.
#23957 by Rudy Smolders
Fri May 11, 2007 4:29 pm
Open your DataCAD model and select Rendering Settings from the View pull-down menu. Click the folder icon in the "Object Viewer Background Color / Image" section and go to the DataCAD 12 Test Drive\Textures\Backgrounds folder for some sample files. When you open the Object Viewer, it will load the background image.

I have done that but in the object viewer the selected background color and not the selected image shows. Only when raytracing the image will come up.
Is there a way to uninstall the update because in the old version this didn't happen.
#23960 by David A. Giesselman
Fri May 11, 2007 4:38 pm
Delete the file o2cPlayer.ocx from your Windows\System32 folder and then re-install it from your DataCAD 11 CD.

Dave