Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23983 by Wayne Lees
Sat May 12, 2007 11:40 pm
I use DC 11 which backs up to a portable HDD using Second Copy. I downloaded DC12 and have just noticed that all the files on the HDD are now called DC 12 files. When I try to open them I get the Installshield and a welcome to DC12 with a diminshing number of days. I have not changed any of the Second Copy settings ie the source files for copying.
Wayne Lees
#23984 by Rudy Smolders
Sun May 13, 2007 5:14 am
I noticed that as well. Now I have uninstalled DC12 and when I open the aec files by double clicking on it DC10 will open and not DC11. Trying to change it through properties doesn't work. Any suggestions?
#23985 by Neil Blanchard
Sun May 13, 2007 11:58 am
Hello,

I think that you can reassociate the AEC files with v11 in the Open With menu -- right click on an AEC file and select the Open With option, than browse to the v11 DcadWin.EXE file, and have the "Always use this..." option checked, and that should do it!
#23987 by Rudy Smolders
Sun May 13, 2007 3:42 pm
I think that you can reassociate the AEC files with v11 in the Open With menu -- right click on an AEC file and select the Open With option, than browse to the v11 DcadWin.EXE file, and have the "Always use this..." option checked, and that should do it!

doesn't work
#24019 by David A. Giesselman
Mon May 14, 2007 3:04 pm
Rudy Smolders wrote:I noticed that as well. Now I have uninstalled DC12 and when I open the aec files by double clicking on it DC10 will open and not DC11. Trying to change it through properties doesn't work. Any suggestions?

If all else fails, you can go to the following registry key and change it to point to your DataCAD 11 executable:
Code: Select allHKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DataCAD.AEC\Shell\Open\Command