Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23986 by Dave Kizer
Sun May 13, 2007 1:55 pm
I tried the import of a SketchUp model into DataCAD, which for the most part worked ok. Although all of the carefully located and perspective corrected textures lost their locations.

My main interest is going the other direction. I always start with DC and then move to SketchUp. I can’t seem to find any way to export the smart entities into something SketchUp can import. Is there a way I’m missing or a work around?

Dave Kizer
Kizer Architects
Plymouth, IN
#23998 by Mark Toce
Mon May 14, 2007 8:05 am
Dave Kizer wrote:I tried the import of a SketchUp model into DataCAD, which for the most part worked ok. Although all of the carefully located and perspective corrected textures lost their locations.

My main interest is going the other direction. I always start with DC and then move to SketchUp. I can’t seem to find any way to export the smart entities into something SketchUp can import. Is there a way I’m missing or a work around?

Dave Kizer
Kizer Architects
Plymouth, IN
Before exporting to DXF, you need to use the Extract 3D function to create standard 3D primitives from the smart objects.

See http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?p=23341#23341 for more information.
#24018 by Dave Kizer
Mon May 14, 2007 12:55 pm
Thanks Mark,

That was the bit of information I was missing.

I've tried it and it worked fine. I can see how this will jump start my SketchUp modeling.

Dave Kizer