Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#23993 by David Porter
Mon May 14, 2007 6:48 am
I have a drawing that has been saved out to a new name a few times. It tells me upon booting it that it has orphaned reference files. However, when I then go into Insert and Reference File Management and then Orphans, the file box is empty. So, where are the orphans (sleeping no less) for me to then redirect to the correct location? Or, how do I fix something to make the false orphan note go away?
#23995 by Mark Toce
Mon May 14, 2007 6:50 am
Does the host file contain any XREFs that are currently loaded? If you open those files, do they contain the orphaned XREFs?
#23996 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 14, 2007 7:19 am
Hello David,

If the XRef's have Nesting turned on, and if there are Orphaned XRef's in those files, then you can either turn off nesting (if you don't need it) or fix the orphans in the other files.
#24009 by jlmcougar
Mon May 14, 2007 9:55 am
You have to go back to all the original Xrefs and open them. That is where you will find your culprit of the Orphan Xref. Once you find it and redefine then close all drawings and open as normal and all shoud be OK.
#24017 by David Porter
Mon May 14, 2007 12:36 pm
Thanks for the responses. I did all that was suggested and got rid of the orphan warning message.