Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#24001 by bca-arch2
Mon May 14, 2007 8:37 am
The Datacad 12 test program comes with a couple of foundation smart walls. They both use four line wall aplication to create the foundation wall on a footing. My problem was that I could not find a way to set the z height and base differently for the outside lines from the inside lines. The result is that in three dimensions and in section, the foundation wall is a rectangle the width of the outside lines. Is there a way to set z so that this smart wall looks like a wall and footing in 3-D?
#24002 by Tony Blasio
Mon May 14, 2007 8:54 am
Not yet. I believe this is one of the enhancements to be worked on after initial release. What I have done is create a wall for the footing and then a wall for the wall itself. Normally I prefer to have the footing on a separate layer anyway so having 2 wall types for the footing and foundation wall was desireable.
#24020 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 14, 2007 3:55 pm
Hello,

Here's my 24_ConcreteFooting.wls file, which creates a 24" wide footing -- you snap to the face of the 10"(?) foundation, with the Z-base and Z-height set appropriately:

Code: Select all[General]
NLines=3
WallSide=1
[Line 1]
InheritFromEntity=0
Line 1Color=1
Line 1Linetype=Solid
Line 1WinLinetype=H-DASH
Line 1Material=Concrete\Foundation-100
Line 1LineWidth=1
Line 1LineSpacing=384
Line 1WinLineSpacing=4
[Line 2]
InheritFromEntity=0
OffsetDistance=224
Line 2Color=6
Line 2Linetype=Solid
Line 2WinLinetype=C-PHANTOM
Line 2Material=
Line 2LineWidth=1
Line 2LineSpacing=384
Line 2WinLineSpacing=384
[Line 3]
InheritFromEntity=0
OffsetDistance=544
Line 3Color=1
Line 3Linetype=Solid
Line 3WinLinetype=H-DASH
Line 3Material=Concrete\Foundation-100
Line 3LineWidth=1
Line 3LineSpacing=384
Line 3WinLineSpacing=4
#24036 by bca-arch2
Tue May 15, 2007 7:45 am
Thanks Neil. I presume the phantom line should show on the screen but not print? I can't seem to prevent it from printing. Do I have some other setting wrong?
#24049 by Michael Olney
Tue May 15, 2007 12:42 pm
In the Pen Table, you will need to set the color to a "0" pen number. In DataCAD 12, any color assigned to "0" will not print.
#24111 by bca-arch2
Wed May 16, 2007 8:11 am
That works in plan view, but when I create the section, it assigns one color requiring me to go in and change the line colors. Is this the only way to get the section to show the desired line colors? I tried setting the colors in the section options menu. Everthing still comes out white in the section.