Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#24813 by Giuseppe Barberio
Wed May 30, 2007 9:31 pm
I remember hearing or reading about the Construction Plane now being visable in Version 12. As I understood it, the Construction Plane always existed in DataCad but was never seen.

Is there such a thing? How do I see it ? How is it uesd ?

Thanks all,

Giuseppe
#24814 by Mark Toce
Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 am
Giuseppe Barberio wrote:I remember hearing or reading about the Construction Plane now being visable in Version 12. As I understood it, the Construction Plane always existed in DataCad but was never seen.

Is there such a thing? How do I see it ? How is it uesd ?

Thanks all,

Giuseppe
The new feature is the ability to obtain the construction plane on a per entity basis via the [Ctrl]+[Rt Click] menu. In previous versions, you would need to use Plane Snap in the 3D Views menu, then snap to 3 points to define the plane.
#24836 by Giuseppe Barberio
Thu May 31, 2007 12:42 pm
Thanks Mark,

I am trying to learn more about the 3D functions now that Dcad 12 is on its way. I am not sure how the Construction Plane is used. I will have to go back to some of the reference manuals I have.

If there are any tutorials that you would recommend for a 3D beginner like myself, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for all the help.

Giuseppe
#24841 by Mark Toce
Thu May 31, 2007 2:23 pm
Giuseppe Barberio wrote:Thanks Mark,

I am trying to learn more about the 3D functions now that Dcad 12 is on its way. I am not sure how the Construction Plane is used. I will have to go back to some of the reference manuals I have.

If there are any tutorials that you would recommend for a 3D beginner like myself, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for all the help.

Giuseppe
If you have a 3D entity that is not parallel to the X, Y or Z plane, and you want to create new entities parallel (or perpendicular) to it, you would use the Get Construction Plane feature to rotate your current view.

As far as 3D tutorials go, perhaps some other users can jump in on what they used.