Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#24832 by ticomccr
Thu May 31, 2007 11:54 am
According to the revision history file, I should be able to stretch a 3D cylinder "Stretch now applies to 3D Cylinders."

I can't get it to work. What's the trick? I can now edit to change the length, etc. But stretch isn't working for me (using DataCAD12TestDrive.RC24)
#24833 by Tony Blasio
Thu May 31, 2007 12:01 pm
OK this one is a repeater that keeps coming up.

A horizontal cylinder will stretch using the 3D Stretch command. However, it will not stretch using the 2D Stretch Command. So make sure you are using the 3D Stretch when in ortho.

If you keep getting the 2D Stretch then you need check your view dependant settings in the Preferences, Misc tab. I only have 2D checked. This allows me to use the 3D commands in ortho. The way it is working for me is that 2D commands (Like Stretch) are limited to ortho views while 3D (unchecked) allows 3D tools in any view. So if I want the 3D Stretch command and I am in ortho all I have to do is hit j before Alt+S.

This may have been more of an answer than you were looking for.
#24834 by joshhuggins
Thu May 31, 2007 12:02 pm
You have to use the 3D stretch, in the 3D menus. Also if you have View Dependent menus turned on in the Program Prefs, you'll have to be in a 3D view, or turn off the view dependent options on the Misc tab.

(Repeat)
(Repeat) :D
#24835 by ticomccr
Thu May 31, 2007 12:11 pm
I had the 2D and 3D dependent views setting properly before, but it does look like one of the updates reset it and I forgot to check.

Thanks for the reminder.

Tico