Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#24851 by The Cad Man
Thu May 31, 2007 6:10 pm
Yes, we are stil using v.10 and are eagerly awaiting v.12. I have had a problem come up twice now, and it happened again today. Our company has a server with all of our drawing files saved on it (Novell Network). Typically we have no issues if one person works on a drawing and then saves and exits, and then another begins to work on it. Today however, is a different case. I finished up some changes on a set of plans. I saved and closed the drawing file. About 5 hours later another person opened the file and began to make some additional changes, he also saved and exited the drawing file.
I then went back into the file about 30min later, and began to make changes, and noticed what I had done earlier this morning was gone!! I went into windows explorer and viewed all the backup files (Novell creates a series of these, typically when you open, save, and or exit a file). I went and salvaged the file I saved in the morning before anyone else worked on it, and sure enough my changes were there???
This is quiet weird and I am wondering it anyone has insight as to why this has occurred twice now (different days).
Also, it isn't as easy to just salvage the file and move one, since changes were made and saved (to some other version of the file that did not have any of my previously made changes).
Like i said, its only happened a couple times and am just wondering how it is happening? Thanks!