Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25175 by gshomedesign
Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:13 pm
After upgrading to Windows Vista 64bit edition it appears that the native display list does not work. I noticed a slow regen when moving around a drawing and decided to uncheck the display list option to see if there would be a difference but there was no change. Anyone else noticed this?
#25177 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:03 pm
Hello,

I have used v12 in 64bit WinXP, but not Vista. I had no issues with either the normal 32bit Display List, or the 64bit optional Display List. Have you tried the 64bit DL? If you look in the DcadWin.INI file, in the [Display List] section, and add or modify the line to:

DoublePrecision=TRUE

Also, I would check for the latest video driver. How much RAM is in this machine?
#25180 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:38 pm
Hello Guys,

Actually Double Precision Display List is no more set by a DCADWIN.INI setting, but on a per-drawing based setting.
That INI setting is obsolete now. (since a few weeks indeed)

May be the slowing of your drawing dragging is connected to another reason. RAM available or memory on the Graphic card used.

Thanks,
Miguel
#25181 by gshomedesign
Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:49 pm
Well, it is possible that the Vista OS is using more resources leaving less for my drawing sessions but I had no problems in XP. I have the same hardware installed which includes a decent 256mb video card and 3 gig of ram.
#25182 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:28 pm
Hello,

With that hardware, you should be fine -- it sounds like there is an issue with the video driver for Vista 64bit, then?

Thanks for the reminder, Miguel -- I had forgotten that change. :oops:
#25184 by gshomedesign
Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:16 pm
It is probably the video driver. I read the driver info and it says that the latest driver does not fully support all the features for 3d gaming and applications and that hopefully a driver will be released in the near future that will. So, I will assume that is the issue until a newer driver is released.
#25253 by gshomedesign
Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:10 pm
Just a little update, I uninstalled my geforce video card driven by nvidia and installed my older Ati card and my problems have been resolved.
#25260 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:03 pm
If you are running Windows Vista, use the latest official Vista drivers, or those on the Official Nvidia Beta Page or NZone, whichever is newer.

Dave