Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1894 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:22 pm
Hello Leon:

in an email from Leon he wrote:I have many details on one layer. Is there a way to select only one (or box out the others) so that only one details is printed from that layer onto a sheet. Similar to a quick layout but for multi scale plotting sheets.

Well, there preferable way would be to have each detail on it's own set of layers. Then you lay out the MSP sheets using GTV's to get each detail easily and quickly. This is the better way to go, IMO.

But if you want another method, then you will have to create a new layer and insert a self-XRef on it -- when you insert it, be sure to toggle on the "Open RFM" option so that you can set the XRef to have the GTV that you want. I always insert the XRef at Absolute Zero, so you can easily reproduce it if you have to.

Then, point the cursor at the XRef and right-click, and select X-Clipping, and put a rectangle around the area you want to use for the detail, turn on the X-Clip Cube and save this as a GTV. Then insert it in a MSP sheet as a detail. Repeat as needed.

What are these details of, if I may ask? Because, there are very nice ways of using self-XRef's w/ XCC's, that "reuse" the critical parts of a plan or a section, and then you can embellish it for use as a detail. The key thing is that you do not re-draft anything and your detail gets changed if you change the plan/section or whatever your detail is based on.

IHTH