Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25275 by rbeard
Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:26 am
15th June 2007
Decompression error.
Can't recall whether it was 106 or 107 that stopped me some weeks ago but the problem was my machine had 'Administrator's Rights' removed from setup (result of logging onto HO network which didn't recognise me). They weren't keen but once I managed to convince the IT people to give it back to me, problem went away. The IT people said that DataCAD must be a strange animal as they had never heard of changes to admin rights crippling a program. A friend of mine in IT later told me that he has come across this 'problem' many times: the programme needs to borrow/use some Windows files and changes to the pc's setup stops this process.
Richard Beard, Sydney
#25294 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:48 am
rbeard wrote:15th June 2007
Decompression error.
Can't recall whether it was 106 or 107 that stopped me some weeks ago but the problem was my machine had 'Administrator's Rights' removed from setup (result of logging onto HO network which didn't recognise me)...

Hello Richard,

For the "Decompression Error" issue, check if the sub-folder '\Temporary files' is currently available in your installation path for DataCAD.
If this folder is not there, create it and it should fix the problem.

If the first attempt don't solve it, may be you should be required to open the DCADWIN.INI file (text format, editable with Notepad, located at DataCAD root) check at the [Paths] section for the installation path, and match for uncongruences.

Hope this helps,
Miguel