Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25299 by Ernest Burden III
Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:21 am
Why didn't I see this before with RC24? Maybe because the DWG files I'm working with are such a mess, from several different offices, that there were too man problems to see this one clearly.

I'm wondering why I can't get certain data into DC12 from an ACAD file, yet it shows in Rhino and FormZ? Using my ancient ACAD-LT I found that the missing data is in nested symbols. DC12 is only importing the top block/symbol.

I created a new file and inserted a symbol, then nested one in that, etc, four deep. I exported the file to DWG, then opened that DWG back into DC12. I only got one symbol, not four. I opened the DWG in ACAD-LT and got four symbols.

Hey! Maybe I should dust off DC11 for this import. I haven't touched it since bitmaps worked again.
#25319 by Mark Toce
Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:03 am
I can confirm that this is a problem with the translator in DC12. We'll be fixing this as soon as possible for the first update.