Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25621 by RAJdesign
Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:13 pm
I started to install D12 and it found my D11 version. It asked me to back everything up which makes sense.... but is it going to install over D11 or not?
D12 created a new folder to download it into, I just did't want to have to re-install D11
Thanks,

Rod A. Jeheber
#25622 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:48 pm
Hello Rod,

V12 will install in a new folder on the C: drive, and in this case it will have the "Test Drive" as part of the name. I'm pretty sure that the backup is "belt & suspenders", too -- it will copy settings and macros from v11, but it should not affect them. The one thing it (probably) will do is to associate the AEC files with v12, and if you want to open them with v11, it is easiest to do this through the program.
#25625 by Paul Nida
Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:27 pm
I just installed the test drive on an office computer to demonstrate v12 until we receive our updates and the install asked me if I wanted to re-associate the file extensions to v11 at the end of the installation process. I answered yes and I assume that it did so, but I was in a bit of a hurry and did not test it to see if it actually worked. I will try to remember to verify that in the morning. No offense Dave, just checking.