Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25626 by Bruce111
Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:27 am
Hi,
When I delete a self Xref from my current drawing, the drawing files closes instantly with out warning. This has happened on several occasions.

When I test this on a new default drawing and draw some rectangles and lines I then go to and try to insert a self xref ,nothing happens am I getting something wrong here?

Many thanks
#25629 by k-ep_studio
Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:09 am
Hello,

First, you have to save the drawing.

---
Ferenc
#25631 by Bruce111
Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:26 am
Thanks Ferenc.
That it , thought it would be something simple, still can't work out why my current drawing closes instantly when deleting the self xref. I think I will send the file of to datacad.

Snapping indicators and seeing the actual symbols as you insert them are great additions to V12
#25634 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:42 am
Bruce111 wrote:...my current drawing closes instantly when deleting the self xref.

Hi Bruce,

Does it happen with other files ? or only with this one specific ?

I've tried to reproduce the behavior here but could not. It works as expected.

Thanks,
Miguel
#25645 by Michael Olney
Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 am
Bruce111 wrote:When I delete a self Xref from my current drawing, the drawing files closes instantly with out warning.

I have had this happen to me a few times, but I haven't been able to reproduce it while trying to. I think that it might have something to do with the number of entities being displayed on screen because if I zoom in closer I can delete the problem self-Xref with no problem.
#25646 by joshhuggins
Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:26 pm
I too have had this happen, just yesterday or the day before. The drawing file recovered when i re-opened it and I force saved, saved and exited, re-opened and was then able to erase the self-xref fine. I think sometimes the self xrefs loose track of something when they are selected qucikly in weird patterns where maybe they are not completly being re-drawn on the screen. There does seem to be a tie to that some how. But try the above and see if it helps.