Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25649 by Lane
Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:21 pm
Is there a toggle somewhere, or an ini setting, that will allow the use of previews for for things within DataCad (in the insert dialog box - desirable in the past, but now essential for smart doors and walls) but will avoid creating a preview for the aec file itself? I have enough files cluttering up each project folder right now, and I've always found those little png's pretty useless as well as being (for me) annoying, but I haven't found any place to control this other than the check box in the dialog. I had hoped something would show up for this in 12, but if it's there I can't find it.

Thanks,
#25650 by joshhuggins
Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:16 pm
Ah I see your talking about the smart entity manager / symbol previews are tied to the drawing previews huh? Yeah having them separated out is a good idea. I do like the preview files myself, but I would love to see them stored within the file some how to reduce the clutter, but oh well.
#25664 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:39 am
Lane wrote:Is there a toggle somewhere... but will avoid creating a preview for the aec file itself? I have enough files cluttering up each project folder right now, and I've always found those little png's pretty useless as well as being (for me) annoying, but I haven't found any place to control this other than the check box in the dialog. I had hoped something would show up for this in 12, but if it's there I can't find it.

Thanks,

I beleive that if you uncheck the "Show Preview" in the file open dialog window the PNG's will not be created/recreated (you will have to go through and delete all the existing ones, but they shouldn't be recreated once the dialog is unchecked)

Aaron
#25665 by Lane
Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:35 pm
I beleive that if you uncheck the "Show Preview" in the file open dialog window the PNG's will not be created/recreated (you will have to go through and delete all the existing ones, but they shouldn't be recreated once the dialog is unchecked)

This is what I had been doing, but then you loose the preview for items to be inserted. I'd like to be able to have the preview for inserted items only, and disable the creation of the png preview file of the aec file. But I'd also be perfectly happy with Josh Huggins suggestion of just incorporating the aec preview into the aec file itself.