Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25762 by Ben at TJB Architects
Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:09 pm
Help...

I have two workstations on which the Symbol Browser has disappeared off screen.
I guess it disappeared because I copied my entire support folder over to those stations...but I have 6 other stations that are fine.
I have tried everything I can think of:...I modified DcadwinToolbars.gui but to no avail.

While I'm on the subject of Symbol Browser...can we get a separate GUI for that?
I would like all my workstations to point to a server drive for the Support Files folder, but not every user has to have the same Symbol Browser size and location.
#25766 by Greg Blandin
Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:33 pm
Going on the obvious side here...

Have you tried...

Ctrl + T

View -> Symbol Browser

or

Clicking on the Symbol Browser icon (that I think looks like a calculator)

?
#25778 by Ben at TJB Architects
Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:09 am
Hey Neil...yes, we do have dual monitors setup for everybody.
I know that in the past we had to modify the DcadWinDialogs.GUI file when the browse folder disappeared, but I can't find anything about the Symbol Browser itself.
I will email Mark tomorrow and try to resolve.
I'll let everybody know the outcome...thanks.
#25781 by Ben at TJB Architects
Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:02 pm
Hmmm....interesting.
I will try that first thing in the morning.
#25791 by Ben at TJB Architects
Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:21 am
Thanks, Neil...swapping primary monitor worked.
#26010 by deliriousga
Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:11 am
If your primary and secondary monitors have the same resolution then you won't have the problem. It happens when the symbol browser is placed outside of the monitor's resolution range. When DCAD says it was last "here", but "here" doesn't exist on the monitor, it disappears.

We have run accross the problem when a laptop goes home and is worked on then comes back or when swapping monitors around from one to another station.