Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25838 by Beauchev
Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:53 am
Very new to datacad, so I'm confused. If I use the 2-line walls, and I input a door, it cuts a hole in the walls, but doesn't show any door swing. What am I doing wrong ?
Also, before I draw doors or windows or walls, do I have to change the current layer to that entity, because it doesn't seem to put doors on the "door" layer that I created. Thanks.
#25842 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 pm
Hello,

Are you using the "smart" walls and doors, or the old line-walls and doors? I'm guessing that it is the old method?

There is a toggle for the door swing in the old method -- it can be an arc or a straight line, or it can be turned off, and you can set the color to the same as the door, or another color.

And yes, with the old method, you have to change the active layer to the layer for the doors. With "smart" doors, you have to as well, but you may not "need" to, because you have control of them parametrically.

IHTH
#25843 by Beauchev
Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:15 pm
Neil, thanks for answering, that is a great help. I'm going to look again and see if somehow the door swings are turned off. Thanks again.
#25849 by Beauchev
Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:24 pm
Neil,
I don't see any toggle for the door swing to be on or off. I still don't have door swings visible, and I tried the online manual and don't see anything about a door swing on/off toggle. Hmmm.
#25851 by Jon C. Hubart
Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:38 pm
Are you stopping to soon?

Assuming you are entering 2D doors by sides, after you select the hinge, strike and swing direction, you must then select the outside of the door. If you stop after the swing direction you will get a cut in the wall with the frame shown but no door/swing.

The ON/OFF option for the door swing Neil mentioned is under S7 Swing Style.

Another thought, are you getting a door that is in the closed position? Is your S4 angle set to 0?
#25852 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:42 pm
Hello and welcome!

Go to the Architect menu. Within that menu is a toggle labeled Auto3D. If it is currently Off, when you enter the Doors menu, you will see the following options:
  • Angle: This sets the angle of the door swing.
  • SwngStyl: This menu allows you to set your preferred Swing Style (None, Line, or Arc).

If Auto3D is On, when you enter the doors menu you will see a button labeled Manage. Selecting this will bring up a dialog box that controls all the aspects of a Smart door. The last tab of that dialog is labeled Swing. This is where you would set the various swing options. Notice that there are separate swing angles for the 2D and 3D representation of the door.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave