Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#25868 by Beauchev
Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:19 pm
Why is it that when I open a DWG file, the layer colors are correct in the layer control dialogue, but different on the screen ?
#25872 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:50 pm
Hello,

Can you clarify this: are you opening an AutoCAD DWG file in DataCAD 12, or are you opening an AEC drawing file?

Are you seeing the active color on a layer as something other than the color shown for that layer in the Layer Manager? You can have more than one color on any layer in DataCAD, FYI.
#25922 by Beauchev
Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 am
Neil,
When I open a DWG file in Datacad 12, it brings in all of the old layers, lineweights, colors, etc. I think. An example, my old ACAD layer for dimensions on the first floor was FL01-dim. When I look at that in layer dialogue box, it shows correctly as cyan. the drawing on the other hand shows the dimensions as white. When I use the tool to display the properties of those dimension lines, it says they are FL01-DIM, but the color is not what the dialogue box says it should be. I'm so new to Datacad (using the trial version) that I hesitate to bother all of you. I do appreciate the help though. Thanks.