Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1901 by csmckillip
Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:24 am
I created these in about 10 min. using sketch-up for the first time.

#1906 by AT2
Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:02 am
Can you tell me more about what is sketch-up...? Is it another software...?

thanks

AT
#1912 by Martell
Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:32 am
Look at:

http://www.sketchup.com/

Softtech (Spirit) also use (sell) Sketchup in Germany.

Martell

PS: Nice name, but one "L" too little. :D

Martell
#1917 by archjjg
Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:48 am
for the 1st time out, that is one great looking presentation piece ! this is only pushing me to invest in Sketchup..good luck with it.
#1919 by SkylineArch
Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:28 pm
very nice work.

a lot of renderers use sketchup to get the base 3D model done then go over it with photoshop to colorize it and add landscaping.

:idea:
#1928 by csmckillip
Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:28 pm
Here are some more that I did over Lunch Today

Its starting to become adictive
#2195 by Ted B
Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:11 pm
I've been using Sketch-UP for residential project for several yaers with great success both as a drawing as with clients. I haven't drawn a from-scratch elevation in Datacad in atleast a year. I just massage the Sketch-up model through schematic, then import the flat hidden-line image into Datacad for final construction documents....and they've generally been right to the inch as I'm careful about the dimensions when I create the model. I just have to adjust the line weights nad plotter colors, and do some weld-lines. And I know that it actually works in real-world three dimensions.

It's also used in this office for bath and kitchen detailing where I need to show three-dimensional relationships. I occasionally use it for compolicated three-dimensional structural detailing since having a line-drawing in-perspective is more intuitive than ortho-projection.

Datacad and Sketch-Up are a create combination both for presentation and for construction drawings. (Especially as I have never gotten the hang of 3-d Datacad....)
#2216 by Joanna_3E
Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:43 am
Here, in Czech republik we sell SketchUp as very good complement to DataCAD, especially for architects, who feel himself more as artists then as draftsmans... :lol: