Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26217 by Lane
Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:19 am
1. For all openings I would like to have offsets added for RO/MO. The unit size should remain the actual frame dimension (so multiple units mulled together will remain dimensionally accurate), but it would be really useful to have something to snap a dimension to, to indicate either RO or MO

2. With the current setup for windows I’m apprehensive about either having to do lots of repetitive manual inputting for each project or else having to develop a vast set if window type files for each unit in each configuration. I wonder if it might be possible to have a two-stage window dialog, with a lower level of basic window frame information that remains unchanged from condition to condition, and a higher level for all the things that are likely to be job specific (muntins or not, type of trim if any, window set flush on the inside or outside or with extensions through the thickness of the wall, etc).

3. The above also relates to a question about the future reporting system for smart entities. However everyone goes about setting up their support files for windows (for example) it would be useful to know something about the plan for how smart entities will be reported within any given file – I imagine this could have a significant impact on file naming conventions and just general organization.

4. Will it be possible (in the future) to add information to the type definition text files? It would be very nice to be able to access information on light/vent areas and thermal performance, as well as overall areas for each type. This could really streamline some currently somewhat onerous tasks.