Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26264 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:14 pm
Hello,

I'm not so sure that understand your issue. If your problem is related to network installation for DataCAD 12 with a LAN Key, may be I can help you in some way.
Recently I had a problem to recognize the LAN key and received a valuable help from Mark Toce.

If you have a License Server installed, where the Version 11 Lan Key is already being managed, insert a 'new' address 26515 and click on "Add".
A new line will appear with the new lan hardlock key.

The image can help to clarify:

Thanks,
Miguel
#26283 by delatorea
Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:03 am
My office uses USB hardlocks. I am referring to me having copies of the CD's on the server and I can force out the installation over the network via windows scheduled tasks so that it will not interrupting the user. When i refer to an answer file I mean a file that has been setup to answer all the questions that the installer asks during a standard installation. Has anyone ever attempted this or had experience with it?
#26286 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:47 am
delatorea wrote:...I am referring to me having copies of the CD's on the server and I can force out the installation over the network via windows scheduled tasks so that it will not interrupting the user...

You can handle this task creating a folder in the server, or on any computer available to the whole network, and putting there the content of the root of a regular DataCAD 12 CD-ROM.
The installation of new seats can be done from any machine in the network, including for using scheduled tasks.

HTH,
Miguel