Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26252 by Mark Toce
Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 am
The failure to open is being caused by a bug in DataCAD 12. It will be fixed in the update to 12.01.

If you reply with your email address, or send an email to techsupport@datacad.com, I can provide you with a copy of the file that will open successfully in DataCAD 12.
#26281 by marko
Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:47 am
Yes, thank you, Mark, the fixed copy runs fine - -
#26361 by David Porter
Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:00 pm
I am having the same problem with a bunch of files (v11 files not opening in v12; they start to open and then quietly crash out to a gray screen). I don't want to send each one of these to DCAD to get fixed as Mark did for Marko. So, when is a program fix for this one coming out so that v12 is of use to me in opening all of my files? If a patch is already out, I have not seen an announcment about that.
#26378 by Mark Toce
Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:26 pm
David Porter wrote:I am having the same problem with a bunch of files (v11 files not opening in v12; they start to open and then quietly crash out to a gray screen). I don't want to send each one of these to DCAD to get fixed as Mark did for Marko. So, when is a program fix for this one coming out so that v12 is of use to me in opening all of my files? If a patch is already out, I have not seen an announcment about that.
The update has not yet been posted.

Could you send me just one of the files to check here? Thanks.