Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#27666 by Tony Blasio
Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:Fixed for the next update.

Dave,

This is happening today like crazy. When will this update be released?

It's wierd that I still can't reproduce it intentionally, but I have been noticing that before I type the distance the symbol jumps to the location of the cursor instead of staying on the ortho line. Whenever it does the jump is when the angle is off. While I was dragging the cursor the symbol is locked on the ortho line, then I left click to set the angle and the symbol jumped. Not everytime though.
#27669 by Jacques Lioret
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:38 am
Hello Dave,
I have the same problem when trying to build the Artist'Studio when translating into French.
4. Add nodes to the exterior office wall so they are 1’ from the current T intersections:
 Select Add Node from the Edit Walls menu. You are prompted to Select wall edge to add node to.
 Select the bottom wall of the office.
 Put your cursor near the lower corner (inside the office, near the intersection of the default and AS_Exterior_Wall), press [`] to add a reference point, press [N] or click the middle mouse button to position the reference point in the corner, drag your cursor to the right and click to show that you want a 90-degree angle, press [Spacebar], type 1, and press [Enter]. The new node appears.
 Select the right wall of the office.
 Put your cursor near the upper corner (inside the office, near the intersection of the default and AS_Exterior_Wall), press [`] to add a reference point, press [N] or click the middle mouse button to position the reference point in the corner, drag your cursor downward and click to show that you want a 270-degree angle, press [Spacebar], type 1, and press [Enter]. The new node appears.
[/code]
#27670 by Jacques Lioret
Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:41 am
Sorry, I have clicked on Submit instead of Preview Button.
When I use Dir. Distance, the Ref. point is never at the good place.
If I use Rel. Polar, it's Ok.
Regards
Jacques Lioret