Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#26419 by lhmiller
Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:54 pm
Someone sent me this jpeg-I would like to know if it is a picture or a rendering? If it is a rendering what program would do such a fine job-I cannot see o2c doing it?
#26422 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:30 pm
Hello Leon,

It's a rendering, I'm pretty sure -- the light fixtures are not modeled, and the lighted soffits are not all that great. The reflections in the floor are too perfect...and the walls are glossy?! Way too glossy, if you ask me.
#26424 by Michael Olney
Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:51 pm
For some reason, the image won't load for me. There are several programs that will render a fairly realistic image. How realistic the image will look depends on the user settings and the time involved in modeling, setting up textures, light/shadow settings, etc.

A little research will help you to decide which rendering program would work best for you. I've seen some posts on here about some nice rendering programs that only render (I can't remember what they are right now). If you want a program that can render, landscape (plants, rocks, mountains), and do simple modeling, then you might want to look at Vue or Bryce. If you want a more powerful all-purpose 3D modeling/rendering program, then you could look at Blender (free), Lightwave, or Maya. I've heard other forum members talk about Artlantis, but I don't know much about that one and I'm not sure exactly what features it has. There are other rendering programs out there, but these are the ones that I can think of right now.
#26425 by BHS
Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:06 am
Same set of boxes on each of the display shelves in back/sides, same logo on each, same poster on each column, etc, etc. I would also say rendering. Those are some tricks to save time on the modeling, texturing.

Overall, it is a nice result though.
#26452 by Martell
Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:50 am
A average rendering.
If you use Google, you can find millions of them.
My latest free renderer can render these ones:

http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.p ... &Itemid=77

And this software is freeware!!
There are some better pictures from other, commercial renderers.
Links?

Martell
#26459 by Martell
Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:32 pm
Something from outside. Inside is easy :D
#26480 by DRTAIA
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:57 am
Another Rendering using Dcad and Artlantis.
#26481 by Mark Toce
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:19 pm
DRTAIA wrote:Another Rendering using Dcad and Artlantis.

Nice! I particularly like the faucets :wink:
#26482 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:30 pm
Mark Toce wrote:Nice! I particularly like the faucets :wink:
Would those be your new little babies? :wink:
#26486 by DRTAIA
Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:19 pm
The faucets are from the Kohler 3D collection.
#26487 by Mark Toce
Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:34 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
Mark Toce wrote:Nice! I particularly like the faucets :wink:
Would those be your new little babies? :wink:
I thought so, but apparently not.

DRTAIA wrote:The faucets are from the Kohler 3D collection.
We included a bunch of them that are "based on" the Kohler collection. Check the Symbols\Plumbing folder and look for the new 3D sub-folders...